Duplicate Driving Licence: The Driving Licence or DL is the official document and valid identity proof recognized by the Government of India. This document attests that the individual holding it is qualified and authorized to drive in India. It is mandatory to have a Driving Licence to drive a motor vehicle in India. Driver’s license does not allow you to drive a vehicle but also an important identity proof legally. In case if your driving license is lost, stolen or damaged, you can get a duplicate driver’s license by contacting the Regional Transport Office that issued your license, or some RTOs offer online facility using which you can apply for a duplicate driving license.
Duplicate Driving Licence In India:
To request a Driving license online, you have to visit the official website the RTO and download the form. Fill the form along with the documents required during the process and submit the form. Learning Licence will be issued as soon as you qualify the first test at the Regional Transport Office(RTO). A month later, when you apply for the another test and qualify then you will get your Original Driving Licence.It’s essential to check Driving Licence Status of an applicant any of two ways either you apply for the first time, or you’ve applied for the renewal. This situation will help you to understand when it will be issued to you.
About Duplicate Driving Licence In India:
Yes!!, You all have faced troubles to get your Permanent Driving license, Right? Early morning driving classes and taking the tough DL test? But, no matter how careful we may be keeping our documents safe, sometimes they get damaged or lost. Transport Offices across India offers duplicate driving licenses in case the holder has lost or damaged the original driving license.
You can get the same duplicate driving license from the Regional Transport Office, or you can also apply online without any inconvenience. A valid reason has to be submitted to the issuing authority. If the license is lost or stolen, it has to be reported to the concerned authority or at a police station. The complaint copy should be submitted at the RTO to get a duplicate copy of the driving license.
Documents Required for Duplicate Driving Licence:
If the applicant is willing to apply for a Duplicate Driver’s license, you should submit necessary documents. The list of records may or may not vary for State or Regional Transport Offices
- The first and foremost thing is Application Form LLD which is used for intimation of loss or destruction of driving license.
- A first Instance Report(FIR) or NCR of the license, in case it is stolen or lost.
- Original Licence(if it is damaged).
- Attested photocopies of the initial driver license(in case it is lost).
- Details of the Driving Licence.
- Passport-sized Photographs
- Address Proof documents for reference.
- Age Proof documents.
Procedure to Apply For a Duplicate Driving Licence(DL) Online:
Only some States offer the process to apply for the Duplicate Driving Licence online. You can search whether it is provided by your State Transport Department on their website.
As soon as you open the e-portal, you can see the application form which you have to fill
the form completely and submit the LLD form along with the required documents to be presented.
You should take the print out of the filled form LLD. Attach photographs wherever required and sign the form.
Submit the form at RTO office from where you have applied for your original driving license. You a will not be required to retake the driving test to get a duplicate license.
After completing the process, the duplicate driving license will be sent to your registered home address via post. Also, you will be given a receipt which can be used till you get the Duplicate Driving Licence.
Offline Procedure to get a Duplicate Driving Licence
It’s easier to apply for Duplicate Driving Licence in RTO office than Online Application if you stay near to the RTO that issued your original Driving Licence. Following are the steps to apply for a duplicate driving license from RTO without any inconvenience.
- First, visit the RTO office that issued your Driving Licence. Get a Form LLD which is for the application of the Duplicate Driving Licence. Fill the form completely with appropriate information and sign the form.
- Submit the form and attach the required documents mentioned in the previous section. Additional documents might be asked for depending on the reason of the applying for a duplicate license.
- You should pay a nominal fee for getting you duplicate driving license. As you finish the process, you will get a receipt which can be used in place of driving license till you get the duplicate driving license which will be delivered to you address which is registered via post.
Application Form for Duplicate Driving Licence(DL):
You are requested to fill the LLD form for getting a duplicate Licence. Given below are some of the information that will be asked in Form LLD.
You will be required to enter the Full Name(First Name, Middle Name, Last Name) and address as it was mentioned in the driving license.
- In the form LLD, you will have to mention the reason for applying for the Duplicate Driving Licence( Stolen, Damaged, Lost, etc..). You must mention in which circumstance the loss has happened.
- Also, you will be required to enter the driving license number, class of motor vehicle for which the driving license was held, name of driving license holder, license authority and the expiry date of the license.
- You must also present a declaration that your license was not seized by any of the Transport Authority.
- Once you have entered all the required information, you should sign the application and enter the place and date. Also, you must sign in the place provided.
- If you choose to fill the form online, you can reset or save the information which will be a significant benefit. Also, you will receive a copy of the form in PDF format which you can take a print out and submit it to the RTO after signing.
Note: – Please comment below if you have any queries.